Most Messengers users are perfectly aware of the message this person is not available on Messenger. This message appears when a user is unable to send a message to someone in chat. However, there is no single specific reason why this message appears. We have listed several reasons why this problem can occur and also provided methods to check them.
What produces the message This person is not available on Messenger?
There could be a couple of reasons why the message appears this person is not available on Messenger in you Messenger. Here is a list of various reasons why a user will see the following message and will not be able to send a message:
- Blocked by a user: One of the most common reasons is when the person you are messaging has blocked you on Messenger or Facebook. It will be similar if you have blocked the user from your side by mistake. Because of this, you will not be able to send any messages and you will see the message This person is not available in Messenger.
- The user has a deactivated account: Turns out, if the user you’re messaging has turned off their Messenger and Facebook, then you can’t message them. You’ll see the message This person is not available on Messenger until they reactivate their account again.
- An account canceled by Facebook: Lastly, if the user’s account was terminated by Facebook, you won’t be able to message them on Messenger.
How can I fix the message this person is not available in Messenger?
Now that you are familiar with the following reasons why you will not be able to message your friend, you can try the following methods to check which of the reasons apply to you.
Check if the user has blocked you
The first thing you should do is check if the user has blocked you or not. If the user has blocked you, you will see the error “This person is not available on Messenger” when you send a message. You can follow the steps below to check if it is blocked or not:
- First of all, open your Facebook and look for the profile of the user you are trying to send a message to using the search function.
- If you can’t find the user’s profile, try searching for the profile in other Facebook account. You can also use a friend’s account to verify.
- Now, if the account appears in a friend’s account, it means that the user has locked on Messenger and Facebook.
Check if the user has deactivated your Facebook account
Another reason would be if the user has deactivated or deleted their Facebook and Messenger accounts. You can’t find out if the account was deleted or just deactivated. However, you can confirm this by checking across the different accounts as follows:
- Open your application Facebook and finds the account of the user you are trying to send a message to.
- If you can’t find the user, try looking for them in a user’s account. dude. If the account cannot be found through any other identification, it means that the user has deactivated your account or the account was banned from Facebook.
- You can also try to verify the account from several different IDs to make sure. Try to verify from any of the accounts in your friends list either friends of friends.
Note: Sometimes the account can be hidden from public search and will only be visible to friends or friends of friends.
Make sure you haven’t blocked the user
Sometimes, by mistake, you may have blocked someone on your friends list. This will also show you a similar message in Messenger. You can easily check if you have blocked someone by following the steps below:
- open the app Messenger and look for the chat where you see the message “This person is not available on Messenger“.
- touch Y hold down chat to see different options for chat. If you see the option Blockit means that the user is not blocked.
However, if you see the Unblock option, it means you have blocked the person and you need to unblock them before sending a message. You can tap the Unblock option and start sending messages again without any problem.