doYou want to Install and Configure PVR IPTV on Kodi? In this guide, we will show you how to do it. This method is applicable to all Kodi supported platforms including Fire TV Cube, FireStick 4K, FireStick 2nd Generation, Android Smart TV and TV Box, Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, etc.
PVR SimpleClient is a Kodi addon that allows you to stream live TV channels. The plugin does not provide any content. It can be used with your existing IPTV subscription.
How To Install And Configure PVR IPTV On Kodi
In short, you need to integrate the current IPTV service with the addon to stream channels on Kodi. You must have one of the following two items provided by the IPTV subscription provider:
- URL of the M3U playlist.
- XMLTV EPG URL.
If your IPTV service provider does not provide one of these URLs, you cannot stream live TV channels through PVR IPTV Simple Client on Kodi.
Your service provider should have sent these URLs along with your app login information to your registered email address. If you have not received it or you are not sure, please contact your IPTV provider.
The biggest benefit of the plugin PVR Simple Client Kodi is that it allows you to stream channels on various devices. Generally, the IPTV service provider’s application program is only applicable to the Android platform.
Kodi Addons It provides unlimited streaming content, but if you find free movies, TV shows, sports shows, you may also have legal problems.
It is highly recommended that Kodi users always connect to a VPN when streaming online.
A high-quality Kodi VPN can hide your identity, bypass government surveillance, geo-restricted content, and ISP restrictions. This also helps buffer-free streaming.
How to Install PVR IPTV Simple Client on Kodi
Following are the steps to install PVR IPTV Simple Client Addon on Kodi app:
- Opens the Kodi app.
- Click on the option setting on the home screen. It’s the gear icon in the upper-left corner.
- In the next window, click on “Accessories”.
- Now, open the option of “Install from repository”.
- If you see a window with a list of repositories, click “Additional Kodi Repositories“. This is only displayed if you have installed at least one third-party repository.
- If you don’t see the additional Kodi repository, skip to the next step.
- Scroll down a bit and select “PVRClient” on the next screen.
- In the next window, scroll down a bit and click “PVR IPTV Simple Client”.
- Click the button “Install” on the next screen, which is located on the bottom right.
- Wait for it to install PVR IPTV Simple Client. The installation notification is displayed in the upper right corner of the screen when the installation is complete. Usually it takes less than a minute.
You may also like What is Kodi? Uses, Characteristics, Opinions, Prices
How to Setup PVR IPTV Simple Client on Kodi
Now, we will configure the simple PVR IPTV client on Kodi and use it with the IPTV service. Before you begin, keep the following in mind:
- PVR IPTV Simple Client does not provide any content. You need an existing IPTV subscription to work properly.
- Only applicable to IPTV subscriptions that support M3U or XMLTV EPG playlists.
- You must have an M3U playlist from an IPTV provider or an XMLTV EPG URL for IPTV subscribers, as we have already explained to you.
- After you successfully purchase a subscription, the provider usually sends the URL via email.
- If you have not received the URL, please contact your IPTV service provider.
The following steps will show you how to use this plugin to stream your favorite channels:
- Go to “Kodi Settings” again.
- Now click on “Accessories“.
- Open the option “my attachments” on the next screen.
- Opens the PVR client in the next window.
- You should now see the PVR IPTV Simple Client just installed. Click on it.
- Now click on the settings button on the bottom.
- In this step, we will add the URL of the M3U playlist. Make sure the tab “General” in the left menu is selected.
- On the right, click the M3U Playlist URL option. Enter the URL of the playlist subscribed by IPTV.
- If you still have an EPG URL, click the “EPG settings” in the menu on the left.
- On the right, click the option XMLTV URL and then enter the EPG URL of the IPTV service provider.
- Click “To accept” to the right to continue.
- When the message “reboot required“, Choose “To accept“.
- Go back to the Kodi main screen and click The power button in the top left-hand corner.
- Click “Leave” in this pop-up menu to close Kodi.
- Reopen the Kodi app. You will see that PVRManager is starting to notify in the upper right corner.
- Once the update is complete, you should see another notification showing the number of channels uploaded.
- On the Kodi home screen, highlight or select without clicking the TV item in the left menu. You’ll see “Recently played channels” on the screen.
- On the right, click the channel at the top to see the channel list and start streaming.
- if you cared too XMLTV EPG above, you can click the option “Guide” to se her “tv guide” and stream channels directly from the guide.
- In the EPG window, click the menu iconare the 4 horizontal lines in the lower left corner.
- These are the menu options you can use:
- View type: Switch between landscape and portrait view.
- Group: Select the category to group channels in EPG.
- Classification method: Choose between number, name and last play.
- Order: Choose between ascending or descending order.
IPTV Simple Client PVR Function
Here are some important features of this plugin:
- Available through the official Kodi repository or the Kodi Additional Repository. Therefore, it does not require side loading.
- Easy to install.
- Easy to use.
- Use M3U and XMLTV EPG playlists compatible with most IPTV service providers.
- As IPTV apps are generally limited to the Android platform, your IPTV subscription can be used on a variety of devices, due to Kodi’s diverse cross-platform support.
Before you start using streaming Kodi addons/builds, you should remember that all content streamed on Kodi can be viewed by ISPs and government agencies.
This means that streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, sports shows) can land you in legal trouble.
It is highly recommended that Kodi users connect to a VPN while streaming. VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP restrictions, government surveillance, and geo-restrictions on popular addons.
You may also like Kodi Not Working. Causes, Solutions, Alternatives
We do not encourage violations of copyright laws. But what if you end up inadvertently streaming content from illegal sources? The distinction between legal and illegal sources is not always easy.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, get VPN protection.
So, this is how to install and use PVR IPTV Simple Client on Kodi. If you don’t have an Android device and can’t install the APK, this addon is a great way to stream live TV channels from IPTV subscribers.
Playlist and EPG support ensure you can quickly access your favorite TV channels.